It’s the 21st century and we all want our technology to be accessible everywhere and every time; this includes YouTube videos.
Just like you, we can relate to the pain of having to stop watching a YouTube video because of connection problems. Imagine watching that new Wizkid video and your internet service provider decides to act up?
This is why it doesn’t surprise us that you want to know how to download and save YouTube videos. Downloading YouTube videos is also great if you have a mobile plan with a limited data allowance. You can download them to your phone using your home Wi-Fi, and watch them on the move without risking going over your data allocation.
Here are ways you can download that video you would like to see offline.
Download With VLC
- Download VLC, or another open-source media player
- Open VLC and click “Open Media”
- Click “Network” and paste YouTube URL
- If using Mac, select “Window” and then “Media Information”
- If using Windows, select “Tools” and then “Codec Information”
- Find the “Location” bar at the bottom and copy that URL
- Paste that URL into your browser
- Right-click the video and select “Save Video As”
- Name the file and save to the desired location
Download With Convert2MP3
- Go to YouTube and copy the URL of the video you want to download.
- Go to http://convert2mp3.net/en/ in your web browser. Click the “Insert video link (URL) and select format” text box near the middle of the page. Paste the copied link.
- Click mp3 or click the mp4 option in a drop-down menu that will appear.
- Click Convert. It’s an orange button on the right side of the page. Convert2MP3 will begin converting the YouTube address into an MP4 file.
- Click Download. This green button is in the middle of the page. Doing so will prompt the YouTube video to download onto your computer.
Download To Computer/Desktop
- Get 4K Video Downloader – To download YouTube videos to a Windows PC, start by downloading and installing 4K Video Downloader free. When it’s done, check the box marked ‘Launch’ and click ‘Finish’.
- Copy and paste the video URL – Copy the URL of the YouTube from the address bar then click the green ‘Paste Link’ button at the top left of the 4k Video Downloader.
- Choose the quality and format. The software will retrieve information about the video and give you a choice of quality options. These will vary depending on the quality of the original video. You can also choose where the downloaded video should be saved using the ‘Browse’ button at the bottom. Once you are satisfied, click ‘Download’.
- Download the YouTube video – The YouTube video will now be downloaded for you. Once the video has finished downloading, you can find it in the destination folder, or right-click it in 4K Video Downloader and select ‘Play’. If there are other videos in the creator’s channel, 4K Video Downloader will ask whether you want to download those as well.