Many people erroneously think of sex as the only way of being romantic when romance is mentioned. There are a thousand and other ways to be intimate and romantic with your partner without sex being involved.
Here are a few examples.
When romance is often mentioned, many think it is all about getting intimate
But romance is actually anything you do to your partner that communicate and show that him/her is special to you
- Cooking together – This activity actually gives you two a chance to bond closer as it is intimate and allows you to spend quality time together.
- Romantic dates – Go to the movies together, go out for lunch, or an intimate dinner that allows you to be all cozied up and play dress up.
- Use endearments – Calling your partner a special name that you wouldn’t call any other person such as “Honey”, “Sweetheart”.
- Be attentive – Little acts of kinds like pulling up her seat or holding her hand when she climbs up a staircase. Even though she can do this on her own, this makes her feel like you are mindful of her.
- Have a love playlist – Create a playlist of all your favorite love songs and gift it to your partner to listen to. It is a romantic way of communicating your feelings without using your own words.
- Writing each other love letters. Yes, there is something special about reading each other’s handwriting in this digital age. Leave a note for your partner on the pillow or post a letter if your partner is far away.
- Buy gifts – There is something special about opening up a physical gift from the one you love.
- Communicate – You should never get tired of talking to your partner even when you are not physically together. Talking on the phone till late about heart matters if you two are far from each other. If all you talk about till late is getting intimate, then you are missing out on depth.
- Compliment each other – Thinking of nice ways to say nice things about your partner will make them feel good and desired without you needing to try so hard.
- Pillowtalk – Don’t forget the pillow talk at night. Having pillow talks on your marriage bed as you cuddle and be vulnerable with each other is a good way to be romantic and tighten your bond.
Remember that is your life partner. Do and say things that communicate love. If you two are dating and your coming together is because of sex, then you are missing out on a chance to build on a strong foundation on which your future will be built.
If you two are married and you stopped making each other feel special especially since the children came, or the only time you pay attention to each other is when you want sex then you are weakening your marriage.