Those with vast wealth has always accumulated that over generations; parents give birth and their children adds to their while, and they give birth, the cycle goes on. These elite families pass on their fortunes to their children, and generational wealth continues to grow and expand. The heirs and heiresses inherit massive fortunes and become millionaire and billionaires as well. Here are the richest heirs and heiresses of these wealthy elite families.
- Paris Hilton invented the “famous for being famous” mantra that everyone on social media is craving for now. She built her career from the mere fact that she was an heiress. Her original wealth came from being an heiress to the Hilton Hotels Corporation. Along with her own earning from TV shows and other ventures, she is worth about $300 million.
- Anderson Cooper is a poster child that being born into money is not an excuse to be lazy. Cooper has established himself as one of the most iconic TV journalists of all time. However, not many know that his mother was socialite and fashionista Gloria Vanderbilt, of the Vanderbilt family of New York. Anderson’s net worth, consisting of his family fortune and his own work, is about $110 million.
- Actress Olivia Wilde has made a name for herself by appearing in films and TV shows like House. Not many know that she is also an heiress, as her father is Andrew Cockburn, editor and journalist at Harper’s Magazine. She is worth about $20 million.
- Kate Hudson, became America’s Sweetheart by being the go-to actress for romantic comedies, however she comes from a family of famous actors. Her mother is actress Goldie Hawn and her step father is Kurt Russell. Though she was raised by Hawn and Russell, her biological father is singer Bill Hudson. Kate is worth about $80 million.
- Dakota Johnson became a global superstar by playing Anastasia Steele in the Fifty Shades of Grey film series. However, both of her parents are famous actors as well. Her father is Don Johnson and her mother is Melanie Griffith. Dakota has a net worth of about $14 million.
- Nicole Richie was adopted by singer Lionel Richie and became a household name when she starred in The Simple Life in 2003, along her the best friend and fellow socialite Paris Hilton. She now owns her own fashion line, House of Harlow 1960. Her net worth is about $10 million.
- Armie Hammer rose to prominence after he portrayed the wealthy Winklevoss twins in the movie chronicling Facebook’s story, The Social Network, and solidified his superstardom in Call Me By Your Name. However, Hammer is an heir himself to his grandfather’s fortune. His grandfather was oil tycoon Armand Hammer, founder of Occidental Petroleum. He is worth about $16 million.